Thursday 22 August 2013

Tête-à-tête Part II - Designer Shallabh Mittal

Leave a Comment

Interview of Fashion Designer Shallabh Mittal - Bangalore Fashion Week 2013



Shallabh Radhika, Shallabh Mittal, Bangalore Fashion Week

Another talented Designer Shallabh Mittal, unveiled a fabulous collection during the Bangalore Fashion Week 2013 Winter Festive. His collection had the right mix of the East and the West. The Cocktail Dresses and Evening Gowns with elaborate hand made Embroidery by skilled Indian Craftsmen sure did steal the show. 
Shallabh Radhika, Shallabh Mittal, Bangalore Fashion Week

Here's me talking to him about his collection:

Me: What inspired you to be a Fashion Designer?
Shallabh: Since school I was good in Drawing, therefore after 10th I chose to study fine arts in which I scored the highest. Untill then I was not sure about it and never ever thought of becoming a fashion designer.
Few months after I completed my 10+2, I visited the British council in Delhi where I applied for a 1 year Diploma Course from London College of Fashion. The first 3 months I did not enjoy London, then the 2nd semester of my Fashion Diploma I started liking and enjoying it and at the end of it I decided to apply for a BA (Hons.) Fashion Design and Marketing. Luckily I got through and 3 years went by quickly, it was then that I was confident about what I wanted to do once I was done with my studies.
So here I am, Shallabh Radhikaby Shallabh Mittal

Shallabh Radhika, Shallabh Mittal, Bangalore Fashion Week

·    Me: How would you define your personal style?
Shallabh: My style is very Classy and English; you will mostly see me in Shirts, Jeans and a pair of Loafers

·   Me: What was your Inspiration for your latest collection? How would you define the style your line exemplifies?
Shallabh: This time for fall winter-13, I was inspired by both the British and Indian Cultures, so I mixed both the styles. The cuts and shapes you see in the collection have been influence by my journey to UK and the details such as Hand embroidery on Pashmina fabric is an Indian technique, which makes the collection look elegant and classy.
Shallabh Radhika, Shallabh Mittal, Bangalore Fashion Week 
·    Me: Who are some of your favourite designers?
Shallabh: There are few names which keep rolling in my mind but, right now the first name that comes up is Roberto Cavalli.

·    Me: What advice do you have for aspiring fashion designers?
Shallabh: In the Fashion Industry you have to always keep learning, improving and inventing something new, even I’m learning so I can’t give any advice.  

·    Me: Where can readers see/buy your designs ? 
Shallabh: They can visit our website www.shallabhradhika.comand email us on shallabh@shallabhradhika.com, info@shallabhradhika.com and very soon we will be available at all the major cities in India.


A few of my favorite pieces from his previous collection include a Shrug, a dress and skirts with Origami Details 

Shallabh Radhika, Shallabh Mittal, Bangalore Fashion Week

That's all for now.. I hope you loved the beautiful dresses by Shallabh Mittal. Don't forget to leave me your comments

Photo
PS: Copyrights to all the above pictures is held by the Designer and his Label unless otherwise stated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.